Android Gallery is a photo gallery app that comes pre-installed on most Android devices. It allows users to view, sort, and share photos stored on their device. Unfortunately, Gallery has stopped is an error that may be encountered when trying to access this app.
The why does my gallery keep stopping error is a common issue that many Android users run into. There are 10 ways to fix the problem, but the most common one is updating your device’s firmware.
Do you get an error message on your phone that says “Unfortunately, Gallery has stopped”? Do you want to know how to repair an Android gallery that has stopped working? If that’s the case, this article will walk you through the process of resolving the problem. To repair gallery has stopped in the most efficient and effective manner, you should use Android Repair software.
“Unfortunately, Gallery has stopped” is one of the many problems or difficulties that Android users face on their devices. When people are unable to access their gallery for unexplained reasons, this is a frequent issue.
So, if you’re having this problem and are searching for a solution, read this post. Here are some of the most effective and practical ways for resolving the “Unfortunately, Gallery has stopped” issue on Android.
But, before we get into the remedies, let’s have a look at why the gallery has stopped working.
The following is the table of contents:
Why Does My Android Gallery Keep Crashing?
It’s very inconvenient when your LG gallery keeps halting, your Xiaomi gallery keeps stopping, or your Samsung gallery keeps crashing. Users are unable to see any information in the gallery and are instead presented with an error message.
Video, pictures, GIFs, and other kinds of data are all stored in the Gallery. Photos and videos from Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp are also saved here. However, the gallery may become unresponsive at times since certain media files may get damaged as a result of repeated use. In this situation, it’s critical to figure out why your Android phone or tablet’s gallery has stopped working.
How Do I Restart My Android Gallery After It Has Stopped Working?
If your pictures aren’t showing up in your Android gallery, here are some of the best options to try. Go through them one by one and see if you can find a solution to the gallery crashing problem.
Method 1: Reboot your Android/Samsung device.
The first thing I’m going to recommend is that you reset your phone. This is capable of resolving any problems that may arise on Android smartphones.
So, here are the steps to get started:
- Unless a menu appears on the screen, press and hold the Power button.
- Now choose “Power off” and wait a few moments for it to turn off.
- To turn on the phone, press and hold the Power button for a few seconds.
Hopefully, you may now view your gallery; but, if the problem persists, go to the next step.
Method 2: Delete the Gallery App’s Data and Cache
If the gallery continues pausing after restarting your phone, it’s a good idea to delete the gallery app’s cache and data.
Take the following steps:
- Go to Settings > Application Manager first.
- Open the Gallery option now.
- Clear Data and Clear Cache are two options.
- You should also choose the Force Stop option.
- Finally, just reboot your smartphone.
Method 3: Delete the Camera App’s Cache and Data
It’s also a good idea to delete the Camera app’s cache and data. This will also assist you in resolving the issue without additional complications.
The steps are as follows:
- Go to Settings > Application Manager first.
- Open the Cemara option now.
- Then, choose Clear Data and Clear Cache.
- You may also use the Force Stop option.
- Finally, reboot your phone.
Reset App Preferences (method 4)
Resetting app settings may also help you solve Sadly gallery has stopped working on Android. Here are all of the stages in order:
- To begin, go to Settings > Application Settings.
- After that, navigate to All Apps > Menu.
- You’ll find a variety of choices here. Simply choose “Reset app preferences” from the drop-down menu.
- Then a new conversation box will appear. Simply read the instructions and hit the Reset Apps button.
- Finally, restart your phone to check whether the problem has been resolved.
Method 5: Delete the Media Storage App’s Cache and Data
The media storage app may also become corrupt from time to time, resulting in the error message “Gallery keeps crashing.” In such scenario, you’ll need to delete the media storage app’s data and cache.
The steps are as follows:
- To begin, go to Settings > Application Manager.
- Now choose Media Storage from the drop-down menu.
- Then choose the Clear Data and Clear Cache option.
- Finally, restart your device to check whether the problem has been fixed.
Unmount SD Card (Method 6)
If your phone has an SD card, you may remove it to resolve the problem. The steps are as follows:
- To begin, navigate to Settings > Storage > “Unmount SD card” from the drop-down menu.
- After then, check to see whether the problem has been fixed. If the problem persists, remove the external memory and investigate further.
If the problem has been addressed, the issue was caused by a problem with your SD card. So you need either modify it or format it to solve the issue.
Remove Items From SD Card (Method 7)
Many customers have claimed that removing some files from the SD card helped them solve the “sorry gallery has stopped” issue. It frees up a lot of space on the SD card, and the problem is no longer an issue.
Wipe the Cache Partition (method 8)
Delete the cache partition in recovery mode is another essential method for fixing Samsung gallery keeps crashing.
You must do the following steps:
- To enter Recovery Mode, turn your phone off and press the Volume Up + Power buttons simultaneously (options can differ according to phone models)
- You’ll now see a number of choices on the screen, from which you must choose “Wipe cache partition.”
- Press the Power button to confirm your choice.
- When the procedure is complete, choose Reboot system now to restart your device.
Method 9: Reset the factory settings
Factory reset is the final option if your gallery on Android has stopped working. This will wipe the phone clean of all data and settings, thereby turning it into a brand new device.
Note– Before doing a factory reset, make a backup of all of your essential data on the phone.
- To begin, navigate to Settings > Backup and Reset.
- Now, under the personal data section, choose Factory data reset.
- A popup window will appear stating that all of your stuff, including data, applications, settings, accounts, and music, would be wiped from your device memory.
- After that, choose Reset phone from the menu.
- When your phone restarts, it is fully reset, and no data is left on it.
Your phone is now brand new, and you can quickly access the gallery.
Method 10: The Ultimate Fix For Android’s Unfortunately Gallery Has Stopped
Apart from the aforementioned options, I recommend that you use Android Repair software. This is a more sophisticated method for fixing an Android phone’s gallery that has stopped working. It is simple to use and capable of resolving any Android problems or difficulties. Whatever caused the problem, you may eliminate the undesirable difficulties by utilizing this powerful tool. It is compatible with all Android phone manufacturers, including Samsung, Oppo, LG, Sony, Xiaomi, Vivo, and many more.
The gallery on Android phones stores all of our essential pictures and movies. However, it is possible that the gallery may get stuck and you will be unable to view the data. In such a scenario, you must intervene. This article explains how to repair an Android gallery that has stopped working. Follow them one by one, then use the Android Repair tool for a fast repair.
The gallery has stopped samsung j7 is a problem that many Android users have come across. There are 10 ways to fix the issue, but it’s recommended to try all of them before giving up on the app.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you stop all error of unfortunately app has stopped on Android?
Unfortunately, this error is caused by a lack of memory on your device. This can be fixed by deleting some apps that you no longer use or have been using for a long time.
How do I fix unfortunately Android phone has stopped?
Unfortunately, your Android phone has stopped.
How do you fix error unfortunately app has stopped or keeps stopping?
Try to clear the cache and data for Beat Saber PS4.
- samsung gallery keeps stopping
- gallery keeps stopping android
- unfortunately, gallery has stopped how to solve this problem
- samsung gallery not working
- samsung tablet gallery has stopped working