This tutorial will show you how to unlock the bootloader of your Google Pixel 5a and root it.
The pixel 5 unlock bootloader is a tutorial that will teach you how to root the Google Pixel 5a and unlock the bootloader.
One of the most popular series, the Google Pixel, is available in both mid-range and flagship models. Recently, Google quietly released the Google Pixel 5a 5G in certain markets. If you’ve managed to get your hands on a Pixel 5a and want to unlock the bootloader or root it for different reasons, here is the tutorial for you. You will learn how to root the Pixel 5a 5G and how to unlock the bootloader of the Pixel 5a 5G in this article.
The Pixel 5a is nearly identical to the Pixel 4a 5g, except with a few minor differences. No one had anticipated the phone’s arrival at all. However, we believe it was published to generate interest in Google’s upcoming Pixel 6 series. A 6.34-inch FHD+ (2400 x 1080) OLED display is included on the new Pixel 5a 5G. It has a 60Hz refresh rate as standard. The Snapdragon 765G SoC is paired with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage in the Pixel 5a.
The camera specs are identical to those of the Pixel 4a 5G. The good news from Google is that the kernel code for the Pixel 5a 5G has been published. If you’re interested customization and development, you may start working on custom ROMs and custom Recoveries for devices. Continue reading if you own a Google Pixel 5a and wish to root it or unlock the bootloader.
The Pixel 5a is now only accessible in a few areas, but it will be available in more areas in the future. You should also avoid purchasing carrier-locked devices if you wish to unlock your phone’s bootloader. On locked devices, you won’t be able to use root or modified ROMs. Some services provide bootloader unlocking, but you must pay for them. You will learn how to root the Pixel 5a 5G in this tutorial. However, since it needs an unlocked bootloader, let’s look at how to unlock the bootloader of the Pixel 5a 5G first.
Pixel 5a 5G Bootloader Unlock
Avoid purchasing a carrier-locked device, as we have said. Aside from that, Google Pixel phones can be unlocked without difficulty. It will be simple for you if you have already unlocked Pixel or Nexus phones. Check out the instructions for unlocking the bootloader on the Pixel 5a.
- As usual, make a complete backup of your phone before proceeding since it will be reset.
- To activate developer options on your Pixel 5a, navigate to Settings > System > About Phone and press Build Number 7 times.
- Return to System > Advanced and choose Developer settings from the drop-down menu.
- Enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging in the developer settings.
- To enter Fastboot Mode or Bootloader Mode on your Pixel 5a, turn it off and press the Volume Down + Power buttons simultaneously. Then, using a USB cord, connect your phone to your computer. You may also use the command adb reboot bootloader.
- On your computer, open the Command Window/CMD (PowerShell may not work so use CMD).
- To unlock the bootloader on a Pixel 5a, use the command below.
- On your phone, use the aforementioned command prompt options. Using the Volume buttons, go to ‘Unlock bootloader’ and select it using the Power button.
- It will wipe your phone’s data and unlock the bootloader.
- To reboot the machine after unlocking the bootloader, use the command below.
- Your Pixel 5a 5G’s bootloader is now unlocked.
Developer options may also be used to confirm it. Make sure the phone is operating on Stock ROM if you wish to relock the bootloader later. If not, go back to Stock and then relock the bootloader.
You can now root your phone since the bootloader has been opened. Root needs are listed below.
How to Root Google Pixel 5a 5G in 3 Easy Steps
- Install the Magisk App on your phone and make sure it’s up to date.
- On your computer, unzip the platform tools zip file.
- Copy boot.img to the phone’s storage after extracting the Factory Image.
- Set the update channel in Magisk App to the version you downloaded: Stable, Canary, or Beta.
- Now choose Install from the drop-down menu next to Magisk.
- Then pick the boot.img file from the ‘Select and Patch a File’ menu.
- It will immediately begin repairing the boot file. The result will be stored as magisk patched.img in the download folder.
- Rename the modified boot image to boot.img after copying it to the extracted platform tools folder.
- Now, in the platform tools folder, open CMD (type CMD in the address bar of file explorer and press enter).
- Shut down your phone. Then, to enter Fastboot Mode, press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons simultaneously.
- To obtain the current active slot, connect the phone to the PC when in Fastboot Mode and type the command below.
- getvar current-slot in fastboot
- It will return the current slot (A or B), which you should keep in mind.
- Now type the following command. Make sure you use the A or B that you received with command in Step 11 to replace the letter word below in command.
- boot letter boot.img fastboot flash
- Use the command below to restart your phone.
- The Pixel 5a has now been rooted. If Magisk Manager prompts you, follow the on-screen instructions.
You may now use any third-party root checker to validate the root. You may also utilize applications and functions that aren’t available by default after your Pixel 5a 5G is rooted. You may also use all of the Xposed Modules for more customisation. Check out the Xposed Framework installation instructions.
That concludes our comprehensive tutorial on rooting the Pixel 5a and unlocking the bootloader of the Pixel 5a 5G. Please let us know if you have any questions in the comments area.
The google pixel bootloader unlock is a process that allows users to root their Google Pixel 5a and unlock the bootloader.
- root pixel 5
- pixel 5 unlock bootloader verizon
- pixel 5 oem unlocking greyed out
- pixel 5 root verizon
- root pixel 5 android 12