Windows 10 has a lot of default apps, but some are missing. This article will help you fix the issue.
The windows 10 apps disappeared from desktop is a problem that many Windows 10 users have been experiencing. Microsoft has released an update for the issue.
Madalina has been a Windows user since she initially installed Windows XP on her computer. She is fascinated by all things technological, particularly upcoming technologies such as artificial intelligence and DNA computing.
15th of October, 2021
Originally published in May 2018
- Windows has gone a long way in terms of customizing and deleting elements to offer a more personalized, user-centered experience.
- The update function is an important element of the customizing process, however it does not always operate as well as it should.
- After completing an update, for example, Windows 10 Apps were reported missing. Here’s how to get them back in working order.
- Our Windows Settings Hub has additional in-depth information about your preferred operating system.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We suggest Restoro PC Repair Tool to repair a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer problems, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eliminate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To identify Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To address problems that are impacting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Windows is what drove this age of computers – at least for the general public – it generated enough money to make Bill Gates the wealthiest man alive, and it has gone on to add and remove features throughout the years.
In order to remain ahead of the competition and constantly innovate, it has introduced a slew of new features and deleted a few others throughout the years.
Its users have remained faithful to it, owing to the fact that it is the most widely used operating system, making it the most familiar and simple to use. It has, however, bloated itself with its history at the same time.
Windows has hundreds of features you may never use but are needed to have in order to provide legacy compatibility, making it an incredibly difficult operating system to develop and maintain.
These complications only come in the way when you attempt to update to the most recent and greatest version of Windows, which would result in data loss if it weren’t for Windows’ fantastic upgrading function.
It isn’t flawless, though; one example of a flaw is when the upgrading process fails to install the basic Windows 10 applications. This tutorial will assist you in attempting to resolve the problem – it is not difficult.
What can I do if the default applications in Windows 10 are missing?
On Windows 10, several customers have noticed that their default applications are missing. This may be a problem, and while we’re on the subject of app difficulties, here are some of the most frequent ones reported by users:
- Applications disappearing from the Start Menu in Windows 10 – Users have reported that their apps have gone missing from the Start Menu. If you have God Mode activated, this may happen, so be sure to turn it off and see if it fixes the problem.
- The default applications in Windows 10 aren’t functioning — On Windows 10, your default applications may not function at all at times. If this occurs, you may need to reinstall them to resolve the problem.
- The default applications in Windows 10 will not open — Many customers have complained that their PC’s default applications would not launch. This may be a significant issue, but it can be resolved by fixing or restarting your applications.
- Another frequent issue is that the default applications for Windows 10 are not installed. If this occurs, all you have to do is re-download the affected apps, and the problem should go away.
- The default applications in Windows 10 have been corrupted – It’s possible that your apps will get corrupted at some point. You may need to establish a new user profile or revert to a prior Windows version to solve the issue.
1. Reinstall the missing programs using PowerShell.
- Right-click the top result in the Start Menu, type Powershell, and then hit Run as administrator.
- Now put this identical command into your Powershell window, making sure it’s running as administrator.
- Get-AppXPackage | Foreach -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)AppXManifest.xml” Get-AppXPackage | Foreach -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)AppXManifest.xml”
- Wait for it to work its magic after pressing Enter.
The default Windows 10 applications should be installed and registered using this easy three-step procedure.
When you click Enter, it may seem that nothing happens, but it will take some time to download and install the apps again.
In some instances, you may need to restart your computer for it to take effect, but in most cases, it should work without it.
2. Turn off God Mode
Many Windows 10 users like using God Mode, a secret function on their computer. This feature enables experienced users to quickly access hidden and complex options, and it may be quite helpful.
However, several users have complained that God Mode may cause normal Windows 10 applications to disappear.
To remedy this problem, remove the God Mode directory from your computer, and the problem should go away. This functionality isn’t activated by default, so you may want to avoid this solution if you haven’t done so before.
3. Carry out a clean boot.
If this issue arises after installing a new version, you must first revert to the prior build. Following that, you must conduct a Clean boot. This is a basic process that may be completed by following these steps:
- Enter msconfig by pressing Windows Key + R. Click OK or press Enter.
- The window for System Configuration will now appear. Select Hide all Microsoft services from the Services tab. Now choose the Disable all option.
- After that, go to the Startup tab and choose Open Task Manager from the drop-down menu.
- Now you’ll see a list of startup apps. Disable the first item on the list by right-clicking it and selecting Disable from the menu. This step should be repeated for each item in the list.
- Return to the System Configuration window and click Apply and OK once again. Restart your computer.
All third-party apps and services will be deactivated once your PC resumes. Now all you have to do is wait for Windows to reinstall the latest build. Check to see whether the issue has been addressed after installing the latest build.
You may use the Media Creation Tool to manually install the update if necessary. Simply follow these procedures to do so:
- Microsoft’s Media Creation Tool may be downloaded from their website.
- Start the tool once you’ve downloaded it.
- Click Next after selecting Upgrade this PC Now. Your system will now be prepared by Windows.
- You’ll be prompted to download and install updates at this point. Downloading these updates isn’t required, although it’s generally advised.
- Windows will begin to download the required updates. You’ll have to be patient since this procedure may take a long time.
- Follow the on-screen steps until you reach the Ready to install prompt. Change what you want to retain now by clicking Change what you want to keep.
- Click Next after selecting Keep personal files and applications.
- The process of upgrading will immediately begin. You’ll need to be patient since this procedure may take up to an hour.
To find possible problems, run a System Scan.
To detect Windows problems, click Start Scan.
To solve problems with Patented Technologies, click Repair All.
To identify faults causing security issues and slowdowns, do a PC Scan using Restoro Repair Tool. The repair procedure will replace damaged files with new Windows files and components once the scan is completed.
Your PC will be upgraded to the newest version and the problem will be permanently fixed once the procedure is completed.
2. Before updating, turn off your antivirus software.
If you install a new version of Windows 10 while your antivirus is still operating in the background, this problem may occur.
Third-party antivirus software may sometimes interact with your data, causing Windows 10 default applications to vanish after the update.
It is recommended that you roll back to the prior build to resolve this issue. To do so, do the following steps:
- Go to the Update & Security section of the Settings app.
- In the Go back to an earlier version of Windows 10 section of the Recovery tab, click the Get started button.
- To revert to the previous version, follow the on-screen instructions.
Keep in mind that you have just 10 days following the update to revert to the previous build. If this option isn’t accessible, you’ll have to revert to a prior build using System Restore.
After you’ve rolled back to the previous version, turn off your antivirus and try upgrading again. Several people recommended that you remove your antivirus software to resolve the issue.
After you’ve uninstalled it, the update should go easily and without any problems.
If everything is working well following the update, you should reinstall your antivirus or consider switching to a more comprehensive protection solution.
Thankfully, there are a plethora of excellent antivirus software choices for Windows 10 that utilize cutting-edge technologies to safeguard your computer.
You can discover excellent third-party antivirus software that will meet your security needs. Regardless of your budget or system resources, there are many strong alternatives.
5. Make a new account for yourself.
If your PC’s default applications are missing, you may be able to solve the issue by simply establishing a new user account. This is a basic process that may be completed by following these steps:
- To launch the Settings app, press Windows Key + I.
- Go to the Accounts section of the menu.
- From the left pane, choose Family & Other People. Click Add someone else to this PC in the right pane.
- Now choose I don’t have this person’s sign-in information from the drop-down menu.
- Select You may add a user who does not have a Microsoft account.
- Click Next after entering the desired user name.
Switch to your new user account after establishing one and see whether your applications are still missing. If this is not the case, you may have to switch to the new account instead of your primary one.
Several people have suggested reverting to the previous version, creating a new user account, and using that account while upgrading to the current release.
6. Restart the program.
If you’re missing specific apps, you may be able to solve the issue by simply repairing them. Applications may get damaged, but you can restore them by following these steps:
- Go to the Apps area of the Settings app.
- Select the application to be repaired and then select Advanced options.
- Now choose Repair from the drop-down menu.
- You may also click the Reset option to restore the program to its default state.
Rep these procedures for each application that is impacted. Keep in mind that certain apps do not offer a Repair option, so resetting them may be your only choice.
Missing applications may be a hassle, but we hope you were able to resolve the problem using one of our suggestions.
Please tell us about your experience in the comments area below.
Are you still experiencing problems? Use this tool to fix them:
- Download this TrustPilot.com-rated PC Repair Tool (download starts on this page).
- To identify Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To resolve problems with Patented Technologies, click Repair All (Exclusive Discount for our readers).
This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Most Commonly Asked Questions
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
There are 6 responses to this post.
The windows 10 restore default apps is a simple fix that can be done to get your favorite apps back.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix missing apps on Windows 10?
You should try to fix this issue by following these steps: 1. Open the Start Menu and search for Windows Update. 2. Once its found, click on it and select Check for Updates from the menu that appears. 3. It will start downloading any necessary updates and restart your computer once theyre done.
How do I restore default apps in Windows 10?
You can restore default apps in Windows 10 by following these steps: 1. Press the Windows key and type Default Programs 2. Select Restore Default Programs from the list 3. Click on the button to confirm your selection
How do I restore Windows default apps?
To restore Windows default apps, you can do the following: 1. Open up Run (Windows key + R) 2. Type in regedit and hit enter 3. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software 4. Right-click on Software and select New -> Key 5. Name the new key DefaultAppList 6. Right-click on DefaultAppList and select New -> String Value 7. Name the new string value OpenWithList 8. Right-click on OpenWithList and select New -> String Value 9. Name the new string value OpenWithProgids
- windows 10 default app not listed
- windows 10 default apps registry
- windows 10 default apps not saving
- programs missing after windows 10 update
- windows 10 apps and features missing