This tutorial will show you how to remove your Gmail account from iPhone and iPad. This is a commonly requested feature, but not all Apple devices are able to do it yet. If your device can’t delete the account or doesn’t have this option at all, you’ll need to use another method instead..
In previous versions of iOS, you could remove Gmail accounts from your iPhone or iPad. However, this feature has been removed in newer versions of iOS and is no longer compatible with the device. This tutorial will show you how to re-enable the email removal option on older iPhones and iPads running earlier version of iOS.,The “remove gmail account from iphone mail app” is a solution to the problem of not being able to remove an email account that was added by mistake. This article will show you how to remove an email account that was added by mistake.
Do anyone know how to uninstall Gmail from iOS (iPhone and iPad)? You may effortlessly erase a Gmail account from your iPhone or iPad if you no longer want to use it. It is entirely up to you how you link your Gmail account to your device. You may set it up in Google’s Gmail app, in Settings for Apple’s applications, or in both. When you remove a Gmail account via the Gmail app, Safari, an iPhone, or an iPad, you’ll find out what happens.
Go to the Password & Account section of the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad to delete an email account from the Mail app. If you’re using a different email program on your iPhone or iPad, such as Gmail, you’ll need to deactivate your account from that app.
Read this article to learn how to delete your Gmail account without also deleting your Google account.
When you delete a Gmail account from your iPhone, what happens?
Keep in mind the following if you erase a Gmail account permanently from your iPhone or iPad device.
- You won’t be able to receive or send emails using your Gmail account, and the address won’t be accessible for anybody else to use in the future.
- Your Contacts, Mail, and Calendar apps will no longer sync data from that account.
- Fortunately, other Google programs such as Google Maps, Google Drive, Gmail, YouTube, and other Google apps will continue operate with your Google account.
- Yes, if you no longer wish to use Gmail, you may deactivate or delete your account from the program.
- If you use Safari to access Gmail, you’ll need to cancel or delete your account there as well.
How to Deactivate a Gmail Account on an iPhone or iPad
In the steps below, we’ll teach you how to delete your Gmail account from an iPhone or iPad:
- On your iPhone, go to the Settings app.
- Choose the Contacts tab.
- Select Account from the menu.
- Here, choose the Gmail account you’d want to delete.
- Now choose Delete Account from the drop-down menu.
- Repeat the procedure if you wish to remove another Gmail account.
Open the Preferences menu. Select Contacts, Accounts, Gmail, and Delete Account from the drop-down menu.
How to Deactivate Your Gmail Account on the Gmail App
Most users want to manage their Gmail accounts, and moving between them takes too long in the Gmail app. If you’re one of them, you may delete the ones you don’t wish to use any more. These are the actions to take:
- Open the Gmail app on your iPhone or iPad by tapping it.
- From the top right corner, choose your profile picture.
- Select Manage Account on This Device from the drop-down menu.
- Select Remove From This Device from the drop-down menu underneath the Gmail accounts you want to delete.
- Once the pop-up appears, choose the Remove option to confirm your action.
- After that, the Gmail program will log out of that Gmail account and erase or remove all emails from it. To return to the Gmail home page, tap the Done button in the top left corner.
Select Profile Photo in the Gmail App.
On this device, choose Manage Accounts.
Remove the Gmail account from this device by tapping the Remove from This Device button.
To confirm the deletion of the Gmail account, choose Remove.
Read this article to learn how to sign out of your Gmail account on multiple devices in two easy steps.
How to Deactivate a Gmail Account in Safari
If you use Safari to access your Gmail account, it will automatically show up and sign you in until you erase it. Fortunately, you can do so without having to delete Safari’s cache and data.
- Open your device’s Safari browser.
- To open Gmail in a new tab, go to https://mail.google.com.
- In the top left corner, choose the Main menu or Hamburger menu icon.
- To traverse the drop-down for the Account menu, touch on the Gmail account from the top side.
- Then pick the option to Sign Out of All Accounts.
- You’ll be sent to the page titled “Choose an Account.”
- Select “Remove an Account” from the drop-down menu.
- Select the red circular button next to the Gmail account you want to delete from the drop-down menu.
- To confirm your decision, tap the Yes, Remove option in the pop-up box.
On an iPhone or iPad, type Gmail’s address into Safari’s address bar.
Choose the Menu option.
From the top side, choose the Gmail account menu drop-down.
From the Gmail menu, choose Sign Out of All Accounts. ,
In Safari, choose Remove an Account from Gmail.
To delete the Gmail account, press the red circle icon.
To confirm the action, tap Yes, Remove.
That concludes our discussion. You can remotely log out or sign out of a Gmail account if you misplace or lose your iPhone or iPad device, and secure your Gmail data from fraudsters and prying eyes by utilizing a two-factor authentication function.
Here are some commonly asked questions from different folks that you may find interesting to read.
On your iPad, how can you delete an email account?
To delete an email account from your iPad, take these steps:
- On your iPad, open the Settings app.
- In the left side pane, tap Password & Account.
- On your iPad, you’ll see a list of all the email accounts that utilize the Mail app. Choose the account you want to remove from the drop-down menu.
- On the account information page, choose Remove Account and confirm your decision to delete an email or Gmail account.
Gmail account should be removed from the iPhone Mail app.
It’s incredibly easy to remove a Gmail account from your iPhone Mail app. Select Gmail under Settings>Mail>Accounts. On the following screen, choose the Delete Account option. This will totally remove your Gmail account from your iPhone, and you will no longer be able to access or use it via the Mail App.
How can I get rid of my Google account on my iPhone?
To sign out of your account and erase it from your iPhone device. On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google app. Select the account that is signed in by tapping your profile picture in the top left corner. Here’s how to get rid of your account: To delete an account, go to Manage>Tap on the Remove button next to the account you want to get rid of. Select the Back option. On the upper right, choose the Done option.
The “how to remove account from gmail app iphone 2020” is a question that has been asked many times before. In this article, we will show you how to remove an account from the Gmail app on your iPhone or iPad.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I remove my Gmail account from other devices?
A: You can remove your account from other devices by going to the Sign out of Google option under Settings for all devices and choosing “Remove”.
How do I remove a Gmail account from my iPad?
A: To delete an account, you must first open the settings for that particular email address. Then select Account and then choose remove. You can also choose to disable iCloud syncing of your email by selecting Turn off iCloud sync, if you like.
How do I remove a Gmail account from my iPhone?
A: If you want to remove a Gmail account from your iPhone without deleting it, follow these steps. 1) Go to the Settings app on your iPhone and tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars under Mail 2) Tap Add Account 3) Scroll down and select Exchange Server 4) Enter the name of the email address that is associated with this account 5) Type in an alternate email address for contacts or calendar if desired 6) Tap Next 7). The next screen will ask you which type of mailboxes (Outlook/Exchange/Gmail), click on Outlook 8). At this point, switch back to Googles webpage 9): On Googles webpage enter your username password 9a). After logging into Gmail go back 10); In order for iCloud calendars to sync properly make sure You have selected Email as Calendar option. This should be done at step 8
- remove google account from iphone
- remove google account from ipad
- how to sign out of gmail on iphone 11
- how to delete a gmail account
- how to delete a gmail account on iphone 12